Heroes and rascals, shipwrecks and lost gold
Welcome to Offbeat Oregon History, a public-history resource for the state we love. This is our hub page. From here, you can directly access ...
- A weekly newspaper column published in about a dozen Oregon community newspapers (see links at bottom of page);
- An archive of columns we've published since 2008, with pictures (see table on this page; they're arranged by date of first publication);
- A thrice-weekly podcast (7 to 12 minutes long) optimized for mobile-device listening via iTunes, Stitcher, or the podcatcher of your choice;
- A weekly RSS feed optimized for smartphone newsreader apps like Pulse or Feedly;
- An active Facebook page, Twitter feed, Pinterest boards.
Enjoy! And if you have any comments on stories, suggestions for column topics or other feedback — or if you're coming by the OSU campus and have time for a cup of coffee with a fellow history dork — drop me a note at email@example.com any time!